WELCOME to the Smile for a Lifetime
(S4L) Foundation Application Site!
About Smile for a Lifetime Foundation
Our mission is to create self-confidence, inspire hope and change the lives of children in their communities in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and their community. We encourage each of our orthodontic scholars (children who receive free braces) to pay it forward in their communities through service.
Currently, we have chapters serving in 45 states and five Canadian provinces across North America with movement to increase those numbers to more than 200 chapters in the next five years. We are excited that you found us!
Click here to see if you qualify financially.
We ONLY take applications from children ages 11-18 who need orthodontic services and are unable to afford braces.
PLEASE NOTE: For children who apply, the application process is competitive and scholarships are limited. Because scholarships are awarded based on criteria within the application. It is important to take your time when filling out the application and share those things that you want the screening committee to know about you and why braces will make a difference in your life!
Once you create your profile, you can re-enter the application, as often as you need to, through our website at www.s4l.org to complete it. You will be required to download, scan and upload copies of the following documents to your online profile.
1) Child's hand-written questionaire (download, print, complete and upload to your profile),
2) Copy of last years tax-return, unless you are a foster parent,
3) Two one-page letters of referral from qualified adults see restrictions within application,
4) Photographs of your smile (we instruct you in the application how to take these photos)
5) A dental referral form
6) School transcript or report card and
7) You may also be ask to submit a plan for a service project to help others in your community.